Mangaldeep will be performing the ‘Maha Sudharshana Homa’ in Chennai under its pan India initiative ‘Loka Kshema Puja’ to pray for the prosperity and wellbeing of the nation. ‘Maha Sudharshana Homa’ will be performed by 30 priests on 31st October gathered together for the collective chanting of mantra and shlokas to pray for positivity and to alleviate worry & anxiety. ‘Sudarshana Homam’ is generally performed to provide protection from evil energy since Lord Sudarshana is believed to be a savior and protects his devotees from all kinds of danger.
Priests will perform the puja rituals spread over 4 hours while following all the social distancing norms relevant for a religious occasion. The puja ceremony will be livestreamed on Mangaldeep’s Facebook page to enable devotees view and participate from the comfort of their homes.
As part of the ‘Loka Kshema Puja’ initiative, Mangaldeep plans to perform a series of pujas pan India spanning the ensuing festive season. These pujas will be performed by a total of 200 plus priests through a mass chanting of mantras across the 7 cities of Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Varanasi, and Mathura. Mangaldeep will live stream these pujas on its Facebook page to enable devotees view and participate from the comfort of their homes.
Other pujas that are planned as part of the initiative across different regions of the country include:
- ‘Mrityunjaya Homam’ in Varanasi was performed by 25 priests on 21st October for the collective chanting of mantra and shlokas for seeking good health.
- ‘Chandi Homam’ in Bangalore by 25 priests on 25th October for the protection from obstacles and sufferings and a blessing for a happy life.
- ‘Durga Homam’ by 30 priests in Kolkata on 8th November to attract blessings for the prevention of affliction and guard mankind
- ‘Lakshmi Puja & Vishnu Sahasranama’ by 25 priests in Mathura as Diwali special puja on 14th November & to gain spiritual strength & energy and to pray for the eradication of ill – health & everyone’s wellbeing.
- ‘Danvantri Homa’ with 30 priests in Mumbai on 21th November to pray for a long life with good health
- ‘Rudra’ Homa by 30 priests in Delhi on 29th November to pray for rejuvenation & revival from illnesses
The large-scale puja event is an evocative manifestation of Mangaldeep’s enduring commitment to become the most loved enabler and partner in the pursuit of devotion for every individual and family. In these trying times, when worry & anxiety have been prominent amongst many households, spreading positivity and helping devotees to participate in peace inducing rituals underscores the brand’s purpose to be a “Pathfinder” in one’s devotional journey helping people attain a sense of hope and optimism through prayers.
Speaking about the initiative, Mr. Ravi Rayavaram, Chief Executive, Agarbatti & Safety Matches Business, ITC Limited, said, “In a country like India, devotion is the very essence of existence and people turn to prayers to seek positivity and answers during uncertainty. Mangaldeep has been a trusted & loved brand in the devotional space across the country. The theme of ‘Loka Shema’ and the concept of ‘Prayer for the Nation’ is spiritual, inclusive and captures the power of a selfless prayer in line with Mangaldeep’s core values of being Simple, Accessible, Authentic and Collaborative while promoting Hope & Strength in every person & family.
Mangaldeep has partnered with Harivara Pooja Services, India’s largest online pooja booking portal, for this initiative.