VILLAGE TICKET is a thiruvizha (festival) conducted by Brand Avatar in association with Grand Catering Company and intended primarily to honor the three pillars of the Village Life, i.e., the Farmers, the Artisans and the Cooks, who help preserve our great tradition and culture. The 3rd edition of this great event, Village Ticket 2020 was launched successfully at YMCA Nandanam on 6th Feb. at 11 a.m. in the presence of Chief Guest Sh K Pandiarajan, Hon. Minister for Tamil Official Language and Tamil Culture, Government of Tamil Nadu and Special Guest of Honour Anirudh Ravichander. Following the successful run of the first 2 editions and set to be open for 3 days from Feb 7 to Feb 9, from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM, this edition of the Village Ticket brings to life the various art forms, culture, cuisine and emotions that people love about the Villages and which thrives in rural Tamil Nadu. The successful event also has the village themed setup in Chennai. The first two editions were a crowd favorite, with many families, young and old, kids and infants coming en masse. It is an event for all, kids for revisiting their parent’s childhood, parents for enjoying with their entire family, corporates who along with their team can visit and have a great time with the variety of games, food and entertainment – not just viewing but participating as well.
Interestingly, both the Chief Guest and the Special Guest of Honour personally went round the entire area where the event is hosted visiting the stalls and the farming area and had a first-hand experience of the exciting rides and games as well.
Mr. K. Pandiarajan – Minister for Tamil Official Language and Tamil Culture, was all praise for the organizers of the Village Ticket and their commitment to continuing the show as it is a rare opportunity for the City-bred to get to know what village life and culture are all about. It helps us to be in touch with the time-honored traditions and also helps in preserving the various art forms which are in real danger of disappearing without much of popular support. He wished the event a great success.
Rockstar – AnirudhRavichander – Music Director and Singer also appreciated the efforts of the Organizers to bring the Villages to the City. He laid special emphasis on the opportunity given to the dance and music activities of the villages and showcasing such talent for the Chennai public to see and enjoy. He also touched upon the role of folk music in Tamil cinema. He appealed to the Chennaiites to support events like this and make it a grand success, in the interests of the 3 pillars of the villages, without whom we will not really be what we today are.
Mr. Hemachandran Founder &CEO of Brand Avatar “We were buoyed by the amazing response we got for the first and second editions where more than 60,000 people visited. It was an instant hit with the Chennai public and we are delighted to be able to give this once in a lifetime experience. We are equipping the third edition with larger than life setup and all-round entertainment options where everybody across age groups can have a great time”.
Mr. Thilak, CEO of Grand Catering Company said “The previous two editions were visited and enjoyed by the people of Chennai for everything Villlage Ticket provided. This edition, the preparation to provide village experience has been enlarged to provide an absolutely memorable experience for all. This will be bigger than the past two editions, as we have added a number of games and entertainment and new varieties of food.”
Some of the highlights of Village Ticket 2020 are
1. Food from 28+ districts of Tamil Nadu spread over 34 stalls and more specially there is two Virundhu meals i.e., Saiva (Veg) MoiVirundhu & Asaiva (Non-Veg) Moi Virundhu which will have more than 28+ varieties of food served hot and tasty instantly for Lunch & Dinner.
2. Games – Giant wheel, Uriadithal, ezhavattakallu, Paramapatham, Gilli, Pallanguli and 19 other games for people across all age groups.
3. Agriculture –Realtime, hands on farming experience, where one can get to know first-hand some aspects of what it takes to be a farmer
4. Kalai Arangam – Competitions between Schools & Colleges on various art forms of Tamil Nadu. (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
5. Artists from various districts of Tamil Nadu will showcase and perform the various celebrated art forms & cultural dances of Tamil Madu like Karagattam, Mayilattam, Oyilattam, Poikaal Kuthurai, Silambattam, Neruppu thee panthuaatam, and many more such dancers
6. ThiruvizhaTher – A massive Chariot
7. Livestock Show– Jallikattu Kaalai, Manju Verattu Kaalai, Seval, Kadaa
8. Traditional Rides –Maattu Vandi, Kuthirai Vandi and Cycle Rickshaw
9. Other attractions – 12 authentic Village model houses, Pottery &Uurvazham
New additions for Village Ticket 2020
Other than the above mentioned activities, there are a few exciting new additions for Village Ticket 2020
1. TholPaavaiKoothu (Puppet Show)
2. Massive Giant Wheel
3. Pattimandram by Gnanasambantham
4. Tamil Village Awards
1. KalaiArangam–4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
2. Food – 11:00 AM – 10 :00 PM, VIRUNTHU (Lunch) 12 Noon – 3:00 PM VIRUNTHU (Dinner) – 7 PM – 10 PM
3. Cultural art forms, games and all other experiences and activities – 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
1. Entry ticket Rs. 200
2. Entry free for children of age upto 6 years
3. Super Saver Rs. 500 (Entry ticket plus 350/- worth food coupons that can be redeemed at the food stalls.)
4. Non – Veg Moi Virunthu Ticket Rs. 1,500 &Rs. 500 for kids (6-12)
(Veg) Moi Virundhu Ticket Rs 1,200 &Rs 500 for kids (6-12)
Buy tickets @ www.villageticket.com